Clean Energy & Energy Saving Device Testing
The Energy Policy and Conservation Act of 1975 (as amended) mandates the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to enforce compliance with the energy and water conservation standards for several consumer products and commercial and industrial equipment designed to provide energy-saving benefits. If you are a manufacturer of clean energy & energy-saving devices, your products must meet the DOE’s published certification, compliance, and enforcement regulations.
For over 50 years, Compliance Testing has been providing reliable electrical product testing services to thousands of electrical device manufacturers across the globe. At Compliance Testing, we understand the ever-changing marketplace regulations and how they can impact your innovative products. Our accredited labs and technicians spend lots of time each year reviewing and updating our services to comply with the testing industry’s own rigorous accreditation regulations.
Whether you are bringing eco chargers, smart sockets, programmable thermostat, LED lights bulbs, or solar panels to the market, you can rely on us to provide you with a complete set of testing customized for your product and its certification needs.
Compliance Testing Provides a Range of Energy Device Testing Certifications
Testing for Solar Devices
A recent study reveals the global solar P.V. panels market size stood at USD 115.2 billion in 2019 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% from 2020 to 2027. As the demand for renewable-based clean energy surges, the federal and state governments are coming up with new mandates requiring grid-tied solar equipment to hold specific certifications.
At Compliance Testing, we leverage our accredited laboratories to test P.V. modules to determine the quality and performance of solar products under particular environmental stresses and confirm they meet mandated safety requirements by the Department of Energy (DOE), the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), and other notable regulatory bodies. Solar device testing is also vital in ensuring the safety of your product before it is released to the market.
Some of the typical solar devices testing and certification standards required by the International Electrotechnical Commission include:
IEC 61215: This is a core testing standard for residential solar panels. For your solar product to pass the IEC 61215 standard, it must complete several stress tests and perform well regarding quality, performance, and safety.
At Compliance Testing, we will test your solar product for the following:
- Climate tests (U.V. exposure, hot spots, humidity-freeze, hail impact, damp heat, outdoor exposure)
- Electrical characteristics (Insulation resistance, wet leakage current)
- Mechanical load test (Snow and wind)
IEC 61730 testing: The IEC 61730 standard addresses the safety aspects of your solar device to address common issues like the risk of electrical shock. Our testing experts will assess the module’s construction against the industry testing requirements to assess electrical, mechanical, thermal, and fire safety.
IEC 62716 testing: The IEC 62716 standard tests for ammonia corrosion of the P.V. modules. If your product is designed for consumers who live close to farms and livestock, this standard is critical in ensuring the module’s resistance to ammonia. Typically, ammonia corrosion accelerates the degradation of the panel, which ultimately leads to lower performance.
IEC 61701 testing: This is a standard test for salt mist corrosion. A solar product being installed near salty water bodies such as a beach house has to pass this standard. We will subject your products to a series of salt sprays in a controlled environment to generate critical insights on the risks of physical damage such as delamination or corrosion and assess the impact of salt on its electrical output and overall performance.
IEC 60068-2-68 testing: We will also subject your product to the IEC 60068-2-68 testing to determine if they will hold up in sandy desert environments. If a solar product is exposed to the abrasion brought about by sand, it will degrade quickly and lead to lower output. If you are manufacturing solar devices for areas that experience frequent dust or sand storms, ensure it is meeting this standard.
Testing for LED Lighting
Our experts provide myriads of testing and certification standards for all LED lighting devices in line with the prescribed directives and standards set for by the LED lighting standardization bodies in the USA.
We will perform several tests that cover your products’ energy efficiency, usability, and safety. Whether you are a manufacturer of LED lighting devices designed for residential or industrial use, our experts will provide exceptional support from the product design and development stage to your products’ international certification and approval.
Our testing and certification solutions are uniquely designed to help you comply with the legal requirements and boost your efforts to reach the market quickly while communicating a high-quality standard to your target customers. Our testing services for lamps, lights, and LEDs include:
- Testing for electrical and photobiological safety as per established standards.
- Testing for the integrative ability of smart home technologies
- Examination of the influences of environmental factors on functionality
- testing for usage properties and service life
- Testing for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
Testing for Smart Thermostats
Our one-stop-shop services for smart thermostat testing and certification are designed to be cost-effective and fast so that you get your product to the market quickly. Our experts will perform various tests on your product to determine whether it meets the EPA standards and Energy Star program requirements. These tests and certifications include but are not limited to:
- Set up: our professionals will assess how straightforward the thermostat setup process is and how useful the instructions are. We will also examine the product’s compatibility with other home networks, including WIFI.
- Performance: our experts will also determine the ease at which one can program their schedule through the app or web portal and whether the device comes with user-friendly interfaces. We will also subject your thermostat to a temperature-controlled environment and measure how accurately they record the temperature and the duration it takes for them to trigger the relay once the temperature drops past the required threshold.
- Security:privacy is crucial when it comes to a smart thermostat. If data provided by your thermostat gets into the wrong hands, the users are exposed to lurking criminals who take advantage of such information to monitor their movements. Our thorough tests ensure each of your products meets the standards required for preventing potential data breaches.
Testing for Smart Power Strips
Compliance Testing provides exceptional Smart Power Strip testing and certification solutions that allow you to profit from faster speed to global markets. Our testing experts are ready to help you determine and meet the applicable industry requirements for your innovative power distribution units, relocatable power taps, and multi outlets assemblies. We boast several years of expertise with safety standards, independence, and integrity that guarantee you meet all your safety certification needs. Our Smart Power Strips testing solutions cover the following:
- Furniture power distribution units: In the U.S., FPDU products must meet the basic standards, including the U.L. 962A. Apart from testing for this standard, our experts will also test for the basic Canadian standard, CSA-C22.2 No. 308, and any other standard from a country that your product has a presence in.
- Multioutlet assemblies: Meeting the U.S. basic standard used to investigate multioutlet assemblies ensures your product will have a ready code authority acceptance when installed according to your installation instructions. The U.S. basic standard used to investigate multioutlet assemblies in this category is contained in UL 111.
- Relocatable power taps:We will also test your product against the UL 1363, the Standard for Relocatable Power Taps. These conditions cover relocatable power taps (RPT) rated 250 V A.C. or less and 20 Amperes or less, and indoor use cord and plug connected.
Testing for Energy Management Systems
An energy management system (EnMS) is a tool that integrates energy management into existing organizational systems to enable entities to manage their energy usage better and achieve sustainable savings while improving energy performance.
The international management standard for Energy Management Systems is the ISO 50001, being implemented in over 50 countries. ISO 50001 helps companies implement a robust energy policy that ensures prudent management of all energy aspects derived from their routine operational activities, including facilities, services, products, and more. This translates into tangible energy cost savings in organizations.
At Compliance Testing, we have created a step-by-step template to help you implement the requirements of ISO 50001 in your organization and manufacturing processes to get the right certifications that put you ahead of your peers and win consumers’ trust. Our mission is to help you prevent non-compliance through innovative testing solutions and certifications that meet international standards.
Utilize Compliance Testing for Energy Device Testing Certifications
Our experts have a deep understanding of all the markers required by various regulatory bodies and governments worldwide. We have the skills, expertise, and resources to guarantee exceptional product testing, compliance, and certifications. Contact us today to learn more.